Broadcast Engineers are key members of the team at One Golden Square. They not only support our FM, AM, DAB and IP transmission chains, they also look after our studios, our video and our playout systems. They are the people that staff turn to when something needs to get done.
This role is to provide broadcast engineering and technical support to our users. You will work in a team of other Broadcast Engineers and must be committed to high levels of service and quality. You’ll get a kick out of technology and will love working in the fast paced environment of radio. You’ll enjoy looking after our users as well as implementing and supporting elegant technical solutions. Helping people will not be a chore for you; it will be why you get out of bed each morning.
You’ll work closely with other members of the National Radio Technology team and other technology teams within Bauer to ensure that
- Broadcast faults are resolved as quickly as possible. This includes working a shift pattern with other members of the team and joining the on-call rota.
- Maintenance procedures are created and implemented to ensure the highest possible availability for our brands.
- Systems are thoroughly documented
- Users are trained on how to use key applications and systems.
- Work is conducted thoroughly, neatly and methodically at all times
- Outside broadcasts are successfully delivered by liaising with teams to choose appropriate technology and ensure high quality broadcast from remote locations.
To succeed in this role you will likely have
- Familiarity with specialist audio equipment including mixing desks, playout systems (eg. RCS Zetta) and Audio over IP (eg. AES67 / Axia Livewire)
- A good working knowledge of IT principles including Cisco Networking and Microsoft Infrastructure.
- Experience maintaining electronics equipment (eg. soldering skills, fault finding)
- A few years work experience under your belt in with a broadcast engineering or IT environment.