Bulletin Editor – Bauer Media
We are looking for a Bulletin Editor to join our energetic News team in Bristol.
The successful candidate will build strong relationships, investigate issues of interest to our target audience and generate creative original stories which will help us set the news agenda both locally and across our national brands.
In this role you will have the opportunity to create long form content, develop special investigations and collaborate with a passionate team, based right across the UK. We tell stories from the perspective of people living them and the places where they happen and we are authentic in our delivery.
What you will do
- Plan, source and deliver news stories and curate and craft news bulletins throughout the day onto Bauer’s portfolio of stations from one of our major news centres.
- Produce content on each story for on-air as well as for the news pages of our website and our social media channels.
- Have sharp enough judgement to be across the news agenda and react to breaking news in your patch.
- Report from the scene of news events across all platforms as required.
- Work with other team members across England and the UK to maintain news diaries and plan ahead to enhance our news output in all day parts.
What you will bring
- You will have a great voice and the passion and ability to react to breaking news and uncover original stories across the news patch, working across a range of on-air, online and social platforms.
- You should have a recognised journalism qualification and will be able to work calmly and accurately, ensuring everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences.
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the kinds of stories which will resonate with our local audiences.
Expiry Date 15th October 2023
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers