Content Producer – 98FM
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, Red FM, iRadio, Media Central, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
About The Role
98FM is one of Ireland’s iconic radio stations that is insanely dedicated to bringing nothing but Good Times music and entertainment to its target audience in Dublin.
We are looking for a show producer with creative vision for both on-air programming and digital content for the 98FM station and brand. This producer will manage the production process for both live and recorded radio programs, podcasting, the digital landscape for primetime 98FM shows and occasional other music & entertainment channels at Bauer Media Audio Ireland.
The position is based in our Dublin offices and reports to the Managing Editor of 98FM.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements and five links to past work that represents the type of work described. Candidates who do not submit cover letters will not be considered.
What You'll Do:
- Lead planning for assigned music and entertainment shows including exceptional consistent maintenance of show running orders & calendar.
- The first point of contact for external contributors and stakeholders of assigned shows and projects. A positive and recognised beacon of clear communication and a joy to deal with.
- Live broadcast and on-demand show correspondence management and its coordination – phone calls, voice notes, messages on all text platforms.
- Contributor to presenter monitoring and guidance, always fully engaging in content checks with the Managing Editor.
- Consistently generating audio and visual content ideas that bring the best out of the talents involved and that represent the content values of 98FM. Seeing out the idea from generation status through to delivery completion.
- Briefing and coaching some of Ireland’s best presentation talents on pre-planned and ad-hoc content ideas and its delivery.
- Technically driving the audio delivery of shows as well as the creative challenges – in-studio technical competency a must.
- Overseeing the transition of in-studio audio and video content to successful impact on digital audio and video platforms.
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- In-class experience as an audio producer in a live broadcast environment.
- Have authentic original audio idea generation ability, with not only the skill to clearly communicate and coach others on such ideas, but the technical and writing abilities to see the idea to its perfect fruition.
- Ability to navigate and manage the emotional landscape of all people involved in live and on-demand broadcast, fostering a positive and supportive work environment.
- Come with a track record of implementing strategies to enhance presenter performance, providing constructive feedback and guidance for improvement.
- Can prove authentic proficiency in having helped presentation and production talents navigate stress and pressure, ensuring their well-being and sustained high-performance levels.
- More than happy and comfortable with “out of hours” working schedules including early morning starts and potential production tasks on a weekend.
- Someone who lives for hearing and seeing mass audiences show their admiration for the audio content you are responsible for.
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- You are skilled in operating radio studios and podcast studios.
- You have a professional-level understanding of Adobe Audition and / or Pro Tools.
- You have a professional understanding of image / video capture and Adobe Premiere.
- You have a working knowlegde of G:Selector and Zetta
- You have a good knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best-in-class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast-paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing, and facilitating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day..