Digital Editor – Greatest Hits Radio
Digital Editor - Greatest Hits Radio
This is a unique opportunity to lead the social media team at Greatest Hits Radio in London. You will work closely with Production, Marketing, Commercial and the wider Digital team to create innovative social media content. You will help devise and deliver a compelling and creative digital strategy which grows awareness of the brand and drives trial.
You’ll be part of a passionate team who believe in the opportunity Greatest Hits Radio brings as being one of the UK’s biggest radio networks. You’ll understand the vision and play a vital role in helping achieve this ambition.
This is a Hybrid position working from Home and in our office in London.
· The role requires demonstrable team leadership skills and the ability to influence production and presentation teams. You will be managing a small team of social media and video creatives.
· You will be required to demonstrate leadership in creating compelling, shareable, on-brand content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You will be accomplished at driving engagement and new listeners via digital platforms.
· Your role will include creating and managing a plan for content, coverage and promotions which represents the 24/7 nature of the radio station.
· You will be across Key Performance Indicators for third party and owned channels using analytics tools.
· You will have experience of working with broadcasting talent that are at the top of their game in UK radio and be able to forge great relationships with them to create content of the very highest quality.
· You will have experience creating new digital formats for broadcast brands.
· You have a healthy obsession with the music played on Greatest Hits Radio – the biggest songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s
The Ideal Candidate
· Experience in a leadership/management role
· Creative flair and the ability to help generate ideas.
· You care about what’s relevant and essential for our audience. You appreciate the diversity of our target audience and live by a right content, right platform, right time mentality.
· A strong understanding of the music and cultural references of the decades we are rooted in.
· A strong understanding of the social media landscape, demonstrated through previous work and active participation on social networks.
· Strong writing skills and English skills
· Strong communications skills and be able to communicate both in-person and using tools such as Trello, Slack or Teams, with management, stakeholders, subordinates, and peers
· Time management, organisational and prioritising skills essential
· The ability to stay calm under pressure
· Strong understanding of data reporting using platform’s native analytics and Sprout Social
· Always on top of the latest social trends and an understanding of each social platforms algorithms and how to work best within them
· Design skills using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop
· Video filming skills and editing skills, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro
· Paid social – boosting and building small advertising campaigns
Greatest Hits Radio is the UK’s fastest growing radio network and Bauer’s biggest radio station. With 4.4 million listeners already – we have big ambitions, with our recent signing of Ken Bruce a demonstration of our intent for even more growth.
The biggest songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s are played by presenters you know and love, such as Simon Mayo, Jackie Brambles, Kate Thornton and more.
Our audience are 40+ adults who are intelligent, funny and loving life more than ever before. The kids are flying the coup, so our audience are ‘Reclaimers’ with the time and money to do something about it! Most importantly, they have never lost their passion for having fun!
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that the traditional 9-5, five days a week doesn’t suit everyone. So, we would love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.