Digital Editor – Greatest Hits Radio
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading commercial radio broadcaster, reaching 57 million listeners weekly across 8 countries with 150 Radio Brands. BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Magic, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Greatest Hits Radio is one of the most exciting radio networks across the UK right now after expanding its FM coverage across the country in 2020 and the launch of the Simon Mayo Drivetime show in March.
Playing the biggest songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s by presenters you know and love, our audience are 40+ adults who are intelligent, funny and loving life more than ever before. The kids are flying the coup, so our audience are ‘Reclaimers’ with the time and money to do something about it! Most importantly, they have never lost their passion for having fun!
You’ll be working with a passionate team who believe in the opportunity Greatest Hits Radio brings as being one of the UK’s biggest radio networks. You’ll understand the vision and play a vital role in helping Bauer achieve this ambition.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the Digital team at Greatest Hits Radio. You will work closely with Productions, Commercial and the wider Digital team as a leader in the creation of innovative digital and social content.
The focus of your role
Working alongside the Content Director, marketing team and the core content team for Greatest Hits Radio, you will help devise and deliver a compelling and creative digital strategy which grows awareness of the brand and drives trial.
What you’ll do
- You will be required to demonstrate leadership in creating compelling, shareable, on-brand content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as compelling online digital content. You will be accomplished at driving engagement and new listeners via digital platforms.
- Your role will include creating and managing a plan for content, coverage and promotions which represents the 24/7 nature of the radio station.
- You will be across Key Performance Indicators for third party and owned channels using analytics tools.
- The role requires demonstrable team leadership skills and the ability to influence production and presentation teams.
- You will have experience creating new digital formats for broadcast brands.
- You have a healthy obsession with music from Greatest Hits Radio – the biggest hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s
What you’ll bring
- You care about what’s relevant and essential for our audience. You appreciate the diversity of our target audience and live by a right content, right platform, right time mentality.
- A strong understanding of the social media landscape, demonstrated through previous work and active participation on social networks.
- Strong writing skills and English skills
- Strong communications skills and be able to communicate both in-person and using tools such as Trello, Slack or Teams, with management, stakeholders, subordinates, and peers
- Time management, organisational and prioritising skills essential
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong understand of data reporting using platform’s native analytics and Sprout Social
- Always on top of the latest social trends and an understanding of each social platforms algorithms and how to work best within them
Desirable skills but not essential
- Design and experience skills using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop
- Video filming skills and editing skills, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Paid social – boosting and building small advertising campaigns
What we’ll offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We have created a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send your CV and covering letter to https://careershub.bauermedia.co.uk/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=564