LBC Correspondent – South
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, displaying brilliant Outdoor ads, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
LBC Correspondent - South
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to a Senior News Manager.
Overview of job
A rare opportunity for an outstanding journalist, with a proven track record in delivering impactful and original content, to join LBC on a full-time basis. You’ll lead LBC’s coverage of the biggest stories across your region, and report for Global’s other brands including Classic FM, Capital, Heart and Smooth.
You’ll have a great contacts' book, be creative, have a great voice, outstanding writing skills and a good understanding of Ofcom regulations. Experience of delivering live content on air and on digital platforms would be ideal.
3 best things about the job
- As well as dealing with day-to-day news, you’ll have the freedom to run your own diary, landing agenda setting stories across LBC & LBC News.
- You’ll work with some of the most hard-working broadcasters in the business.
- You’ll be joining Global, the home of the best audio in the UK with plenty of opportunity to develop your skills.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Delivered several exclusive stories that have set the news agenda and helped positioned LBC as the home for high impact journalism.
- Started to build key relationships with our talented broadcasters and presenters.
- Taken the lead on a breaking story, and then moved it on with new lines.
- Developed a full understanding of LBC and other brands across Global.
Responsibilities of the role
- As a Correspondent, you will have a solid understanding of the issues affecting your region and the stories that mean the most to our listeners including politics and social matters.
- You’ll take a lead in ensuring stories from your region are heard on our national news talk brand, LBC, and on our rolling news station, LBC News.
- You’ll have the confidence to deliver reports in vision, when required.
- You’ll understand the importance of the full range of social and multi-media tools available in delivering a successful multi-platform news experience for our audiences.
- You’ll have sound legal judgement and be proficient in Ofcom’s broadcast regulations and guidelines.
- You’ll have a great range of contacts and understand the importance of forging new relationships across the region.
- You’ll have the flexibility to cover the big stories whenever and wherever they happen.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- You will be confident working on your own and under the guidance of your Senior colleagues to provide on-target, agenda-setting news content.
- You will be passionate about news, and eager to investigate and create your own outstanding and exclusive stories.
- You will have a commanding on-air presence and be confident in your ability to report live into LBC and LBC News.
- You will enjoy working flexible hours and always strive to complete a task to a high standard.
- A knowledge and understanding of the key issues affecting the lives of people in your region.
- A full, clean UK driving licence is essential.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global