Podcast Producer – The News Agents
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, displaying brilliant Outdoor ads, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Podcast Producer - The News Agents
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Editor, The News Agents
* This role requires you to be in the office 5 days a week. Monday - Friday *
Overview of job
We are looking for an experienced news producer for Global’s award winning daily news podcast, The News Agents, presented by Emily Maitlis, Jon Sopel and Lewis Goodall.
You will be an outstanding journalist with a consistent track record of producing a high profile national daily news programme, fixing high-profile interviews, arranging access to locations, events and setting up special programmes.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll devise, develop and deliver original stories.
- You’ll be a producer on a high profile, innovative podcast presented by three world class journalists.
- The chance to define your mark on the podcasting landscape.
- You'll be part of a dynamic team working in a lively news environment.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a key member of the team, regularly pitching ideas for stories, guests and treatments that sound great on air.
- Broken stories and delivered news-making interviews.
- Ensured that we have the best on the ground access to people and places when we take the podcast on the road.
- Helped continue to grow a healthy audience and engage a community of listeners.
- Been part of setting up and producing outside broadcasts at home or abroad.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be responsible for fixing contributors and high-profile interviewees and looking ahead to what stories we should be covering in the future.
- You will bring innovative and ambitious ideas for stories, guests, features and episodes, that set this podcast apart from the crowd.
- You’ll have experience of covering US politics and will contribute to the editorial direction and production of The News Agents USA.
- To generate additional short form or social media content that will drive audience to the podcast.
- Work with internal collaborators and the podcast project management team to ensure effective production, promotion and marketing of podcast content.
- Be experienced on Adobe Audition and comfortable editing audio on a tight deadline and under pressure.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A couple of years experience producing a daily news programming with knowledge and an interest of UK and international news.
- This could be a podcast radio or TV strand.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of news and current affairs, but also broader cultural reference points.
- You will show a high level of creativity and inventiveness in audio content creation and be proficient with audio editing software Adobe Audition.
- Sound editorial judgment and knowledge of media law.
- An excellent contacts' book which lead to a diverse range of guest and story ideas.
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to deliver high quality output to deadline.
- Experience of working with high profile talent.
- You will be a great teammate.
- Experience of working in a breaking news environment with fast turnarounds and tight deadlines.
- You will be flexible enough to work across a range of stories with an up-to-date understanding of diversity and inclusivity.
- You will have an understanding of how to promote podcasts effectively and the ability to build generate additional social media and short form content to help drive audience to the podcasts.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global