Producer – Jazz FM
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading commercial radio broadcaster, reaching 57 million listeners weekly across 8 countries with 150 Radio Brands. BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Magic, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
We’re a small team with big ambition at Jazz FM. We are passionate about sharing a wide spectrum of music and special moments with our audience. Our busy days are all about multi-tasking and teamwork. Communication is key, whether that be with presenters, listeners, advertisers, record labels and PR or simply each other.
The focus of your role
Your role will be to bring together all the above skills, along with serious music passion (Do you know what Blue Note is? Do you know the difference between Tomorrow’s Warriors and NYJO? What do you think made Dave Brubeck so innovative?) and have knowledge of all things Jazz FM to create compelling, engaging radio, building our audience, and making a positive contribution to ensure presenters are ready, artists and guests are booked, and shows are ready for transmission on time, every time.
What you’ll do
- Produce regularly-scheduled daytime strip programming, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Plan and produce compelling one off or short series music-based presenter shows.
- Organise and execute guest interviews.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Feed into our online output through the creation of audio, video and written copy.
- Bring production skills to live events outside the studio.
- Archive programmes and highlights for creating sizzle/award-reels.
- Editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit.
- Bring attention to detail in station admin.
What you’ll bring
You will have suitable experience as a radio producer at a professional level. You’ll keep a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of our team of talented presenters and be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice. All with…
- Passion, authenticity, and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Demonstrate strong awareness of jazz, soul and blues music.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (GSelector/Zetta).
- Ability to articulate ideas and lead projects independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills, including diary management.
- A strong communicator, able to write scripts or copy, adapted to suit different presenters or audiences.
What we’ll offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We have created a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply please send us your CV, covering letter and please tell us about something you have heard on Jazz FM over the last year that has caught your attention and why? Perhaps a programme, series, initiative or feature. https://careershub.bauermedia.co.uk/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=546