Producer JAZZ FM
We are looking for a Producer to join our national radio brand JAZZ FM in London.
Jazz FM is one of the globe’s biggest, oldest and most respected jazz music broadcasters that plays the world’s greatest jazz, soul and blues from the world’s greatest artists. This ranges from the mainstream sound of household names like Gregory Porter, Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone, but also specialist programming ranging from new music, avant guard, world music, big band and much more, with a breadth of programmes from revered broadcasters such as Clare Teal, Helen Mayhew, Jez Nelson, YolanDa Brown and Robbie Vincent.
Working alongside our sister production team at our classical music brand Scala Radio (which together deliver almost 800,000 listeners per week), we have a small but passionate team of music programmes and producers where there is much camaraderie and passion for what we do. We value authenticity in ourselves and our people and we have created an atmosphere where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas.
Because this is a role within Jazz FM, the successful applicant will have at least a working knowledge of jazz and its related genres alongside a passion and experience for audio content production. You’ll be capable of operating technical systems required for correct playout of the stations automated programming and production system along with pre-recording sessions. You’ll also be able to re-purpose shows for repeat broadcast and ensure correct playout of the programmes, features and commercial breaks.
The role will involve you managing high profile guests & presenters to the radio station so you will have to be able to build positive working relationships with individuals in the on-air and off-air team and ensure presenters comply with the media law and OFCOM regulations.
Because of this, you need to have experience of professional audio production at producer level, maybe in local radio or other disciplines like podcasting, and be looking for the next challenge with a wish to produce content at a national level.
What you’ll do:
You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and event-radio moments.
- Working with the talent to create programmes, always getting the best out of them for the listener
- Booking guests and music sessions, and producing and editing features for broadcast
- Able to work across multiple different pieces of content concurrently with different delivery requirements
- To generate creative entertaining music-based ideas for new series, one-off specials and station-wide programming initiatives, along with new social media content.
- Switching from studio-based strip show production to programmes of a more specialist curated nature
- Working at events which may include potential out of hours or weekend work
- Contributing to Jazz FM creative and strategic planning sessions
What you'll bring
- You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity, and creativity.
- A can-do positive attitude
- Professionalism and diplomacy when working with high profile talent
- Good editing skills for production of programmes in systems such as Adobe Audition
- Competent in radio scheduling and playout software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta).
- Ability to articulate ideas
- A team player with a collaborative approach to working, but also able to plough on with a job on your own
- Strong communication skills – both in person and virtually – and good time management skills, with the ability to forward plan
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Good awareness of touchpoints for music passionate 40+ audiences
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
- Flexibility with hours essential.
PLEASE NOTE: If classical music is more your thing, we are also looking for an experienced Producer to join Scala Radio
Expiry Date 4th August 2023