Position: Programme Producer/Researcher
We are Wicklow’s number one radio station based in state of the art studios in Bray. Broadcasting to all of Co. Wicklow. We are the primary source of information relating to the county and all that happens within the environs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the company for a programme Producer/Researcher. If that’s something that’s of interest to you then read on......!
Working primarily on the stations main talk-based programme, 'The Morning Show', broadcast each week day from 10am-12 and a ‘best of’ show compilation at the weekend. The show is presented by IMRO hall of fame inductee, Declan Meehan, and has been on the air for the last 28 years.
Specifically the role will involve the following:
- Create & develop ideas for the programme
- Research programme items to include arranging contact details, background notes, scripting intro’s etc.
- Daily management of effective programme running order.
- Liasing with the Presenter & Programme Director before, during & after each programme on all aspects of the programmes production and output. And also to plan & develop content and to analyse previous days content.
- Stay abreast of the issues of the day and deem if they are newsworthy for our audience.
- Update social media pages on behalf of the show. Generate callers on-air to discuss issues of the day.
- Establish and maintain contacts with sources of information, programme material, interviewees and ensuring all contact information is stored in an efficient and accessible format.
- Maintain the programmes contact data (to include landline no, mobile, email, Twitter handles etc)
- Ensure that long-term planning takes place (including advance booking of guests on a weekly/monthly basis). Provide back-up support to the programme & news team at all times.
- Responsible for general admin, including recording prize winner details, greeting & facilitating guests etc.
- Drive & manage annual charity event for Wicklow cancer support, occurring in April every year.
- Liase with the Programme Director on all matters relating to the programme.
The ideal candidate:
The show is currently the highest rating show on the radio station and as such an experienced producer is required to maintain and further build the audience.
Candidates will have experience in conceptualising, planning, commissioning & producing high-quality, newsworthy, compelling & distinctive stories and programmes daily that will attract listeners.
Knowledge of Co. Wicklow, it’s ‘personalities’, politicians and key influencers would be an advantage but not essential.
A highly motivated person who is well organised, has a good, strong personality & is able to work under pressure is required for this exciting role.
To apply: Send your CV & cover note to email@example.com by Friday Sept 23rd 2022.