We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Deputy Managing Editor, LBC News
Overview of job
LBC is looking for a reporter to join its award-winning brand and record-breaking team.
You’ll have a track record in breaking exclusives, delivering first class eyewitness reports and getting to the heart of stories that audiences truly care about.
Based in London you’ll be working across all parts of our brand from LBC to LBC News and our digital platforms. You will be comfortable providing live analysis on breaking stories and securing exclusive content that makes the us stand out. You will be aware that news happens 24/7, so an understanding this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job is important, with the requirement to work some weekends.
3 best things about the job
- Working on the UK’s biggest and most exciting speech radio brand with a team of dedicated journalists and outstanding speech broadcasters.
- Every day is different – you will be working across a variety of stories and given time to develop your own original stories.
- You'll waste no time, working with a hugely hard-working team and will learn a lot quickly.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Built good relationships across LBC and the wider broadcasting and content team.
- Delivered an exclusive story for the brand.
- Grasped the news agenda for LBC and LBC News.
- Established yourself as a trusted voice to our audiences.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be comfortable reporting live for LBC and LBC News reaching more than three million people a week.
- You will be brimming with ideas that you can’t wait to get on air and will be experienced at creating and delivering outstanding journalism.
- You will have a great voice and be able to deliver reports with authority targeted to our audience.
- You will also have the skills to deliver online content and understand the role social media can play in what we do.
- You’ll be using a full range of multi-media tools to research and deliver on-air and digital content.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- You’ll need to be a journalist with previous experience of reporting live along with creating original content on-air and online.
- You’ll have excellent networking skills, with experience of chipping in to effective contact databases.
- You will have sound knowledge of the law and OFCOM broadcasting code.
- Pitching and delivering original content, either on your own or in collaboration with other team members.
- You'll be as comfortable taking on political stories, as you are a feature piece or a major breaking news event.
- Responding to changing situations and problem-solving under pressure, to ensure our output is always of the highest standard in all circumstances.
- News happens 24/7 - this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job and flexibility is key. Although you will be based in London, you'll be willing and able to travel.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com