Senior Reporter – Forth 1 and GHR Scotland
We are looking for a Senior Reporter to join our award winning Scotland news team based in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will have at least two years reporting experience, be capable of producing compelling local stories both for on air and online and reading news bulletins to the highest possible standard.
The bulk of this job is news reporting but there may be some sport reporting from time to time.
You will work closely with the news team across Scotland and link into our news network across the UK, covering the Forth 1 and Greatest Hits Radio patch in Edinburgh, the Lothian and Fife.
You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who really care about keeping our listeners up to date. You must have a genuine interest in local, national and international news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a huge part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.
- Focus on producing compelling local stories for bulletins.
- Report and produce on location of major news stories.
- Produce pictures and video as well as audio for our websites.
- Fill in on any bulletin reading or reporting shifts, if required.
- Update local news content on our websites and on social media, ensuring this is compliant within the law.
- You will be the first on the scene of breaking stories, delivering colourful, descriptive reports, gathering high-quality, engaging audio and being able to respond calmly and effectively under pressure.
- You will have a strong voice that delivers radio reports with authority and you will also have the ear, eye and editing skills to create outstanding video reports too.
- News happens at any time of day or night, seven days a week so flexibility is expected in order to react to major stories outside of normal working hours.
What we’re looking for:
Do you have a passion for news? Do you listen to the radio and want to be the local reporter on a fast moving news patch in Scotland’s capital city? Do you have at least two years multi media journalism experience? If so, this role could be for you.
This is a full time role, based in Edinburgh.
You must have a full driving licence.
Expiry Date 11th June 2023
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers