Agency Sales Executive
Agency Sales Executive - 12 Month FTC
The Team: U105, a personality led station that broadcasts from the heart of Belfast with over 216,400 people tuning in each week across Northern Ireland for a combined total of 2.1 million hours per week. U105 offers a superb mix of classic pop hits from the 80s through to melodic contemporary artists, soft rock, classic/new country and the present day.
Our people are the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial and audio content, listeners and readership into revenue through successful and innovative advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives.
Your Role: Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will work on behalf of local businesses to reach the biggest potential audience with the strongest and most persuasive advertising campaigns.
Day to day you will:
- You will be responsible for managing a client list of existing business as well as generating new clients to grow year on year revenue and the customer base.
- You will need to maximise revenue opportunities across our audio, digital and press audiences while meeting agreed targets and activities
- Creative selling of sponsorships and promotions.
- Contribute to the creation of competitive commercial packages
- Regularly attend face to face meetings with clients and prospects
- Prepare proposals and client correspondence while ensuring that clients are aware of rates and commercial deals at all time
- Attend sales meetings and support other members of the Sales Team as and when required
- Be involved in client events when appropriate
- Keep abreast of developments in the media and commercial advertising sectors
- Monitor competitive activity on other stations and across other media
What we’re looking for from you:
You are an Sales Executive who is a positive, self motivated, outgoing individual who thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience of working in sales or advertising with an understanding of the media industry in Northern Ireland.
- Knowledge of developments in media and commercial advertising sectors within Northern Ireland plus the wider business marketplace.
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and driven
- You will have an ability to influence and build long lasting relationships
- Experience in managing Ad and or PR Agencies in Northern Ireland would be an advantage
What's in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary + car allowance + commissions.
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands including U105 in Belfast are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless. Alongside pay, we offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- A comprehensive private medical scheme covering pre-existing conditions;
- Maternity leave of up to 18 weeks full basic salary and paternity leave of up 2 weeks full basic salary;
- Life Assurance Benefits of 4 x your Annual Salary
- Wide range of internal and external training available, plus full eLearning access via LinkedIn Learnings
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org