We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Executive Producer, Commercial Video.
Overview of job
As the video editor you’ll be an essential part of the commercial video team helping to create exciting social first video for our internal brands such as Capital and Heart and household name brands.
This role requires you to have a great solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite. We are looking for more than just a button pusher! We want someone who has rhythm and style in their edits and can transform a project. We would like a video editor with a voice who lives and breathes online video and who can come into a team that is looking to move the department to the next level.
3 best things about the job
- Ambitious, fast growing team with great camaraderie and plenty of opportunities,
- Diverse array of projects from Radio X to LBC to Classic Fm to Capital Xtra and partner brands that make sports wear to beauty products and everything in between!
- Working on content featuring A – List talent.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Edited projects across all our brands
- Helped to implement a house edit style
- Worked closely with the junior/shooter editor to help them and implement better workflow and practices.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be responsible for being the departments lead editor, working with our producers on the best projects.
- You will make sure our in house edit aesthetic is maintained across all projects and being implemented accurately
- You will make sure our workflows for post-production are outstanding.
- You will be available to make last minute amends to projects edited by others
- You will work closely with the junior shooter editor to help upskill them.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Strong experience in adobe creative suite.
- An understand of modern social video aesthetics
- Ability to work quickly and well under pressure.
- An ability to interpret and take on feedback.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global