Senior Account Executive/Account Manager
This is an important and exciting role and the successful candidate will play a crucial role in our media relations campaigns. You will be part of a tight-knit team working across consumer, health, business and technology clients. The role involves:
- Selling in stories to online and broadcast journalists, and in order to do this establishing and maintaining good journalist relations
- Overseeing radio days and producing pop up and in person radio studio sessions
- Analysing research, and the drafting and writing of press releases
- Ensuring compilation of final reports, including evaluation and audio and video clips
- Supporting the company with new business, marketing, admin etc
The successful person will be a news junkie. They’ll be an avid viewer/listener of traditional forms of broadcasting but will also enjoy using new media too. They’re likely to have a minimum of two years PR and/or journalistic experience. Other qualities are likely to include:
- A contact book full of broadcast journalists they speak to on a regular basis
- Experience of dealing with clients
- The ability to be calm in a crisis
- A love of talking to people – this job will not suit someone who wants to hide behind an email!
- An idea to put forward in a brainstorm
- A willingness to work occasional weekends and flexible hours.
Salary dependent on experience but in the region of £32, 000 - £35, 000. Benefits include a monthly mobile phone and tech allowance, pension and 25 days holiday.
Our business is based in London, and there would be an occasional requirement to be in the capital, but we mainly work from home. We would therefore consider applicants from outside London too.
To apply for the job please send a covering letter explaining what qualities you think you’d bring to the role, along with details of your current salary and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications EOP, Tuesday 23rd May, 2023.