Somethin’ Else creates award-winning radio, podcast, TV, social and online content for an extensive and growing range of brands and broadcasters. We produce radio programmes for the BBC, commercial radio, podcasts and audiobooks for a large, global audience.
We have an opening for an Assistant Producer to join our team to work on our two speech audio strands for BBC Radio 4, Gardeners’ Question Time and The Kitchen Cabinet. We’re looking for someone with great ideas who can work within a team to deliver weekly factual-entertainment shows to an extremely high standard.
This role will most likely begin with remote working, but will be a role which includes work in our London offices and location recording around the UK. This role is a full time position and suitable for someone with experience in the industry at Broadcast Assistant or Assistant Producer level.
- general administrative support
- script research and general research for programmes
- delivering programme paperwork and audio
- creating guest and presenter briefs
- contributing show and feature ideas
- logistics admin, travel bookings, liaising with venues
- coordinating virtual recordings using Zoom
- supporting the wider production team, including Presenters and Panellists
The ideal candidate will have:
- a demonstrable knowledge of the shows we make
- a love of audio, wide ranging podcast and radio listening habits and a desire to develop audio production skills
- an innovative and imaginative approach to programme ideas
- experience in speech radio / podcast production
- some experience using recording equipment and editing software is not essential but will be an advantage
- a good knowledge of food and gardening is not essential but will be an advantage
For those selected for interview, the interview process will involve one interview which will be conducted remotely via Zoom.
The salary band for this role is £23,000 - £25,000 per annum.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter (or a piece of media if you’d prefer) explaining why you would like to work for us in this role. Applications close at midnight on 24th May 2021.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, people with disabilities and women, as they are under-represented in the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.
(You must already have the right to work in the UK.)