Assistant Producer – Magic
We are looking for a Assistant Producer to join our Magic Team based in London.
As Producer you are required to positively contribute to the production and development of content for on air and on social for Magic’s main station.
Magic Radio is a legendary well-loved brand and is part of the Bauer Audio Portfolio.
We are a brand for people over 35 and beyond, who want a positive space to take a beat, find a smile, discover a meaningful moment and connect to the music they love; we enjoy life and live it together right now.
With 3.8 million listeners on air and counting our goal is to produce world class content that reaches new and existing customers both on air, online and on social.
At the age of over 40 and into 50s, the Magic community of listeners and social followers face many pulls and pushes in life. Busy careers, family juggles; be it young children, kids who’ve flown the next and parents getting older. From parenting to divorce, financial commitments, menopause to mental health are many areas of life that affect them. The content we produce on air and online gives a moment to smile and find their happy place.
Magic is a fun team. We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Music knowledge and understanding of the audience is important.
You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
This role is a 6 month contract for 2 days a week (Mainly Weekends) based in our London office.
What you'll do
• Developing ideas that create impact on air and on social media
• Producing and editing features for broadcast.
• Producing interviews for shows
• Support of on-air elements of big campaigns and events
• Archiving audio and preparing highlight reels
• Working with the digital & social team to engage the audience and create compelling content
• Assisting at events which may include potential out of hours or weekend work
• Contributing to Magic creative and strategic planning sessions
What you’ll bring
Creativity and loads of ideas! You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
• Passion, authenticity, and creativity.
• A can do positive attitude
• Professionalism and diplomacy when working with high profile talent
• Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes
• Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta).
• Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
• Excellent organisational and admin skills.
• Good awareness of touchpoints for a 40+ audience
• Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
• Flexibility with hours essential.
Expiry Date 9th July 2023