Branded Content, Digital Editor
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, displaying brilliant Outdoor ads, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Branded Content, Digital Editor
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Digital Development (Branded Content)
Overview of job
We are looking for a Digital Editor to join the Branded Content Team on a full-time basis, to deliver engaging commercial copy for a variety of digital elements, including online competition pages, quizzes and newsletters. This role also involves a high level of project management and campaign delivery, working in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will deliver high quality digital branded content for the best media and entertainment brands on the planet, including: Heart, Capital FM, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Radio X, Smooth Radio, LBC, Gold and PopBuzz!
This role reports to Head of Digital Development, Branded Content.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll own projects from start to finish, delivering digital branded content for a variety of clients across Global brands
- You'll play a crucial role in the Branded Content Team, working across campaigns that touch all Global platforms from on air to online!
- Your days will be fast-paced, with lots of opportunity for cross-department working and bringing your expertise and knowledge to the table
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Gained a great working knowledge of Global brands, from individual tones of voices to what each audience loves
- Built strong & positive relationships with internal partners, working closely with the wider Branded Content team, Editorial, Programming, Commercial Design and Partnerships teams
- Delivered multiple projects, with your work sitting across multiple Global channels
- Written engaging copy, built online pages and set content live on Global websites
- Maintained consistent, timely and professional communication across the business
- Understood and adopted internal processes, workflows and policies
- Worked with a hugely passionate and supportive team
Responsibilities of the role
- Shape engaging copy for online audiences and understand the importance of a seamless user journey, identifying ways to improve this
- Manage multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously
- Possess great organisational skills and attention to detail
- Work with our commercial team to ensure the client brand shines through in the content we produce whilst the content remains true to the Global brand identity
- Every project will be different, and every client and every Global brand brings an outstanding set of requirements, so we need someone with positivity, energy and the ability to manage multiple partners, all whilst delivering outstanding results.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Creative writing experience
- Project management experience
- Superb attention-to-detail
- Experience of working in a hybrid role
- A qualification in English language, journalism or similar
- Experience working with CMS and basic HTML skills
- Experience monitoring campaign performance, i.e. reporting on page stats using platforms like Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience delivering and/or project managing digital content (e.g., working as part of an editorial, CRM or digital team; as a copywriter; or within a marketing, publisher or agency environment)
- The ability to develop imaginative copy and adapt your tone of voice / writing style depending on project
- Ability to manage your own time and prioritise workloads
- The ability to problem solve on the job and help others do the same
- The ability to respond positively to the needs and expectations of others, to achieve the right solution for our brands and commercial partners
- A great knowledge of and passion for all things digital (digital media/social media platforms and trends)
- Relationship building skills
- Photoshop skills
- You'll be a team player
- You’re passionate, punctual and self-motivated
- A knowledge of radio / interest in music and news is advantageous but not essential
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.