Commercial Manager, Island FM
Island FM is Guernsey’s favourite radio station. Broadcasting to the islands of Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Herm, Island FM reaches more than half of all adults in its broadcast area every week.
We're the home of Guernsey’s favourite music and provide a comprehensive service of local news and information, seven days a week.
Island FM is available across the Channel Islands on FM, DAB+, online and worldwide via smart speaker, smartphone apps and UK Radio Player.
We're recruiting for a Sales Manager to head up our local advertising team. Reporting into the Pan-island Sales Director, the successful candidate will be a key part of the commercial team for one of the British Isles’ most successful radio stations. The role will be essential to the growing revenue in Guernsey and the Channel Islands across of our platforms. The expectation is that the successful candidate manage will operate with a personal sales target, comprising existing and new business, and be managing the existing regional sales team to be constantly evolving with strategies and practices.
• A minimum of four years' sales experience in a fast-paced media sales environment.
• Ability to manage the full sales-cycle, from lead sourcing to closing.
• Strong management skills overseeing the Regional Direct Sales Team
• Ability to constantly devise innovative and bespoke methods for increasing all streams of revenue.
• A proven track record of achieving and surpassing targets on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Provide proven examples where you have worked on your own initiative to get sales across the line.
• You will be required to prospect heavily and create a solid pipeline of opportunities to develop them into strong and viable revenue streams for both you and the team.
• You will be consult with new prospective clients on every level, from every industry, and prepare suitable advertising proposals.
• You will be required to maximise customer retention with all your clients through strong customer service and up-sell where appropriate.
• You should have excellent negotiation and closing skills and an ability to see opportunities in every area.
• You will have a genuine drive for achieving sales targets.
• Capable of working on your own initiative
• A positive, 'can do', attitude and a drive to enjoy hitting targets
• Strong time management and administrative /organisational skills
• Full driving licence
• Excellent personal appearance and appropriate dress required
• Strong working knowledge of Aquira, MS Office Suite, and comfortable working with other systems
• A passion for media
• A competitive package is available to the successful candidate including private healthcare and contributory pension scheme.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com by Friday March 1st 2024.
Positions listed in Guernsey are subject to local employment legislation which differs from the UK and EU, meaning successful candidates who are not ‘entitled to work’ in Guernsey can only be appointed if the station can secure an employment licence for them. You can find out more about relocating here: Moving to Guernsey