We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Director of Culture and Internal Communications
Overview of job
Developing concepts, graphics, and visual layouts, including making decisions about fonts, images, readability, and readers'/audience’s needs. Creating a visual layout and graphic design of a presentation.
Determining size and arrangement of copy, slides and illustrative material, as well as font style and size. Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief. Working with Senior Partners across Global including CEO and Founder.
3 best things about the job
- Working in an exciting media business with exposure to senior partners such as the Founder and CEO!
- Opportunity to think big, be creative and deliver impressive concepts
- Autonomy to own full process from briefing, conceptualising to final implementation
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Built good relationships with senior partners
- Created presentations for CEO and the board
- Worked with the People & Culture team on internal branding and assets
- Supported the company to upskill employees on presentation skills
- Been involved in delivering key projects, such as Global’s Company meeting
Responsibilities of the role
- Translate business narrative into beautifully designed Slides (can me numbers, graphs, graphics as well as copy and narrative)
- Create engaging campaign graphics for use on Digital platforms
- Work with senior partners – Board, CEO and Founder
- Good at working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Creating Board decks and business presentations for large audiences
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- 1 to 2 years of proven graphic design experience.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Degree/qualification in graphic design, illustration, or related field.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Intermediate drawing and rendering skills.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal comprehension.
- Great partner management skills
- Good under pressure and experience of handling high stakes projects
- Flexibility and able to work irregular hours – the job will require working some evenings/weekends and in sprints
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org