Dublin City FM Programming & Production Manager
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Reporting directly to our Head of Programming you will be managing the on-air content of a radio station and ensuring that the station’s output is top-notch. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Producing: You will be responsible for producing our weekday Good Morning Dublin magazine show.
- Programming scheduling: You’ll be working with the Head of Programming to create a programming schedule that keeps the station running smoothly. This will involve coordinating with the sound engineers to ensure that programs are properly timed and that transitions between shows are seamless.
- Music selection: Working with our Head of Programming to manage the stations music and playlists.
- Technical/Sound: Along with our Head of Programming and broadcast engineers you will have an oversight of the station’s technical equipment, ensuring that the station’s sound quality is top-notch. This will involve monitoring audio levels, troubleshooting technical issues, and ensuring that equipment is properly maintained.
- Presenter management: Along with our Head of Programming you’ll work closely with our presenters to ensure that they are meeting the station’s programming goals. This will involve providing feedback, coaching, and support to help talent improve their skills.
- Ratings analysis: Monitor ratings and other performance metrics to determine the station’s success. You’ll work with the Head of Programming to analyse data and make changes to improve the station’s ratings.
- Promotions coordination: You’ll work with the sales & social media teams to create and execute campaigns that promote our advertisers the station its programming.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience in radio programming/producing preferable
- Familiarity with radio broadcasting equipment and software
- Proficient audio editing/production skills
- Knowledge of contemporary music
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date is 5pm on the 5th May 2023.
Dublin City FM is an equal opportunities employer. We particularly welcome applications from people from under-represented groups in the media.