Junior Broadcast & IT Engineer
Into to Station/ Business:
Cork’s 96FM & C103 is one of Ireland’s biggest and most successful local radio businesses. Operating from Broadcasting House in the city, Cork’s 96FM is the home to Ireland’s number 1 breakfast show, KC & Ross in the Morning. C103 plays Cork’s Greatest Hits from studios in both Mallow and Bandon. Both brands attract almost a quarter of a million adult listeners across Cork City and County each week.
Live95 is the Market Leading Radio Station in Limerick City and County with almost 100,000 people tuning in each week. We provide broad format Music and Entertainment, Local News and Talk to our audience. Live95 also has a strong online following on live95.ie and across our social platforms.
A rare and exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Junior Broadcast and IT Engineer to join our Southern Hub Engineering team which maintains systems for our Wireless Ireland stations: Cork's 96FM & C103 and Limerick's Live95.
The successful candidate will be a member of the team responsible for ensuring continuous, high quality, uninterrupted transmission via on-air and online.
Day to day you will:
- Provide frontline technical support for our radio station personnel across all departments.
- Diagnose and solve hardware and software faults across broadcast and IT systems.
- Configure broadcast and IT equipment to meet operational needs.
- Monitor and maintain system performance, security and stability.
- Deploy and configure new hardware and software systems.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of IT and broadcast projects.
- Test and evaluate new technologies
What we’re looking for from you:
- A good knowledge of systems such as Office 365; Windowns 10/11; Server 2019/22; Active Directory as well as networking skills.
- Knowledge of audio engineering and/or electronic engineering and IT support is desirable.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work independently or as a team member.
- A willingness to learn new skills through a hands-on training approach.
- A willingness to provide out of hours support on a rota basis is essential.
- A full driving licence.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, FM104 and Q102 in Dublin, 96FM and C103 in Cork, Live 95 in Limerick, U105 in Belfast and LMFM in Louth/Meath, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider News Broadcasting group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at Wireless
At Wireless Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Death in service benefit.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.