Freelance Sales Executive
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our freelance sales team, responsible for selling advertising and airtime advertising to businesses looking to advertise on a well-known radio station. This role is commission-based, offering a fantastic pay structure with up to and including 50% commission on guaranteed sales.
We seek people that have a passion for radio and the wider media industry as we grow our portfolio through 2023. Our team at the station are all music junkies and provides a great selling avenue for the high quality shows we currently broadcast.
The primary responsibilities of this role include, but not limited to:
- Identify new business opportunities through building relationships and maintaining those new relationships with local businesses and agencies.
- Sell advertising space and airtime on our radio station to businesses looking to expand their existing marketing strategy or to prospective new clients who may not realise the potential and reach by advertising on the radio.
- Work within the framework set by our Directors on advertising packages – whilst also negotiating with prospect clients in providing a fantastic opening deal!
- Understand our target audiences and demographics that we target.
- Collaborate with our Managing Editor to create effective ad campaigns that will reach out to our audiences and meet our clients’ goals.
- Attend networking events and shows to generate leads and build on existing relationships and gain new relationships with prospective clients.
- Use our CRM in managing sales activities and provide regular reports to the Directors.
As a commission-based role, the earnings are limitless. An example of an advertising package would be:
£200 website advertisement – you sell this to 1 client – you receive £100!
You sell the same package to 5 clients – you receive £500!
A bit more about the role…
This isn’t your typical 9-2-5 job! It’s a role for people who are passionate about earning strong commission based on results. Closing deals and taking payment, so our production team can then get to work on producing the artwork and any on air material needed to get our new client onboarded.
We are primarily based in the West Midlands region (Birmingham, Walsall, Cannock, Wolverhampton) and the right-person will have a strong local knowledge of businesses and advertising requirements throughout the region; with understanding the national requirements too.
What are we looking for?
- A talented individual with a proven track record within B2B sales role, ideally within the radio and media industries.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- A strong drive to succeed and exceed their own personal goals to achieve a high level of income through successfully closing deals.
- Ability to work under his/her own initiative.
- Superb organisational skills and the ability to keep communication lines open and regularly keep in touch with existing clients where you see future potential deals.
- Understanding of CRM systems to monitor and track sales activities.
- A wider understanding of best practises within advertising and the knowledge to create effective campaigns to retain business.
If this is you and you want to apply for this commission-based role with a strong commission-pay-based structure and would like to be considered for this role, then send you CV today to email@example.com.