Multimedia Assistant Producer
Multimedia Assistant Producer
12 Month FTC
A chance to work with The Times and Sunday Times daily news podcast.
The Team: Stories of our Times
Stories of our Times is the Times’ flagship podcast, and has become required listening as it tells one story in depth every day. From landmark, award-winning investigative series to one-off episodes telling compelling stories with production flair, Stories of our times is a high-quality showcase for Times journalism.
We are seeking a talented Multimedia Assistant Producer to craft engaging social video content for promoting our daily podcast. This role is ideal for someone who is deeply in tune with the daily news cycle, has a passion for video production, and has a passion for storytelling across social media platforms.
Day to day:
- Create and curate engaging social media posts, specifically focusing on video content, to highlight the best segments from the podcast.
- Shoot and edit creative videos, including short-form promos and long form interviews, to increase the visibility and appeal of podcast on social platforms and on YouTube.
- Collaborate closely with presenters, broadcast teams, and podcast producers to enhance and optimise the visual and multimedia aspects of the podcast.
- Pitch innovative ideas for dynamic coverage of the daily news agenda, with a focus on developing unique video strategies to connect with and expand the audience and convert them into podcast subscribers.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Strong copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- Proven experience creating successful social media content, with a special emphasis on social video production.
- A deep passion for news and a dynamic approach to working in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Technical proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on video editing and graphic design tools.
- A proactive and motivated attitude, with a readiness to undertake a variety of tasks related to multimedia production.
- A positive and collaborative approach to working in a busy news environment, with a willingness to experiment with new formats and ideas in social video content creation.
Application process: Please apply with a link to an example of social or video content you have created, ideally as part of your work with a news programme or podcast.
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.