We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the Role
This role will report Head of Commercial Video and Head of Digital Development
Overview of job
We are looking for an exceptionally creative, social first, innovative creative producer to join our team. Someone who can bring energy and fresh ideas firmly rooted in internet culture to a fast paced, tight turnaround commercial video department.
Working alongside our highly experienced team of producers in the branded content and publisher space, you will come up with social formats, one off branded content pieces and big picture multi-platform creatives. You will be developing ideas across our radio brands so will be flexible and open minded in your approach- bringing a rich tapestry of creative experience to the table. These creatives must work to serve our audiences from a publisher perspective whilst also serving the needs of our commercial partners.
You will also be responsible for shaping our treatments and client facing material as well as taking ownership of hype reels and making first class content for our pitch teams.
3 best things about the job
- There is never a dull moment- you will have a plethora of diverse briefs to play with on a daily basis across a diverse range of brands and tones of voice.
- Global is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups and you will be working to shape the creative across a wide range of its high profile, exciting projects!
- You’ll be able to expand your creative chops beyond video and into the innovative OOH world
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Taken ownership of daily brainstorms, encouraging an open, inclusive and non-judgemental approach for all voices to be encouraged and heard
- Produced top-tier pitch materials
- Worked with the wider team to redefine our creative methodology and process
- Built and maintained cross departmental relationships
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be responsible for devising and delivering outstanding digital content creatives, both independently and to brief, that our audiences will want to share
- Lead daily brainstorms with the wider team as well as representing video in connected brainstorms. Champion creativity and have an open, supportive, and inclusive approach to all ideas
- Identify and drive new creative approaches to content ideation
- You will work across departments to support pitches by creating hype reels and pitch content
- You will develop ideas with varying budgets and delivery time scales in mind, ensuring they can be met and outlining these caveats
- Be a content expert- understand the role of video for social-first audiences, the constraints of production as well as identifying the right platform for the content to live and able to articulate this when needed
- Be an excellent writer and be able to write in multiple tones of voice for creative write ups and scripting.
- Work closely with our talent team to identify the next new wave of online talent
- You'll work with the production and edit team to take ideas from concept through to reality
- Work with the leadership team to maintain our top-quality output on commercial content ideas
- Support our commercial teams in managing clients by bringing creative flare but maintaining realistic expectations from production and timelines
- Must establish strong working relationships across commercial and editorial teams and be highly collaborative and empathetic in your approach
- You will brief specialists such as editors or producers on your creative and support them as required
- What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- This is a role that would suit someone with at least 3 years of experience in creative.
- Experience developing and executing ideas for brands, and responding to commercial briefs
- Proven track record of creating creative, commercially successful projects and have examples of content you have developed and how you made it a success
- Experience in a fast-paced, quick turnaround environment, working to tight deadlines and answering the demands of a variety of stake-holders
- Excellent writing and design skills with a proven track record of scripting as well as designing and writing treatments
- Excellent verbal communication skills, as well as pitching and working with clients
- A clear passion for short form content and engaging online audiences.
- Must be confident in making creative decisions
- Must be a team player- an empathetic character who sees value in all views and who can lead and get the most out of a team
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global