Music Producer – Magic Network
We are looking for a Music Producer to join our team at Magic in London.
In this role you will be responsible for the scheduling of music and contribution to other musical content on the Magic Radio Network (MRN) in line with the strategic goals of the brand and with an expectation to craft and deliver music output that reflects the high standards of Bauer Media Audio UK.
The Magic Music Team oversee all the music across the Magic Network, including scheduling all music-related output for live broadcast and on-demand, as well as booking guests for interviews, special programming, social content, sessions and live events. Magic contributes to Bauer Media Audio UK’s 23.5m reach and 210m listening hours.
- Scheduling of music on services as required on The MRN (with a primary focus on Magic Chilled and Magic) – including presenter and non-presenter-led programming and time-sensitive and themed content.
- Covering the Head of Music - MRN when they are on holiday – including music scheduling and covering meetings.
- Prep the weekly Magic Chilled playlist meeting and be part of the weekly Magic playlist meeting, including the analysis of music research.
- Liaise with record companies on artist promotion and attend live events and music meetings relevant to the brand.
- Work closely with the Magic digital teams on creating relevant and compelling content for social media, Rayo and Premium offerings.
- Provide support to all areas of the music and content team across all parts of The MRN in wider station initiatives.
- Creating production elements for some shows on the MRN and producing on the MRN including segueing and timing hours as required.
- Writing/scripting, in-studio producing, editing and building shows on the MRN
- Initiating programming ideas.
- Reconciliation of all PRS and PPL reports for the whole MRN
What we’re looking for
- Excellent knowledge of RCS Selector systems (G Selector) or equivalent music scheduling systems
- Excellent knowledge of playout systems (Zetta/Zetta2Go) or equivalent playout systems
- Excellent music knowledge across all genres and decades
- Good knowledge of digital platforms and social media networks
- Understanding of the MRN brand’s target audience
- Understanding of what makes compelling content
- Understanding of OFCOM Broadcast Code
- Excellent digital editing skills
- Strong ability to supervise and direct on-air talent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong ability to develop good relationships with internal and external stakeholders including programming teams, presenters, and music pluggers and label and artist representatives
- Good understanding of the music returns process to PRS and PPL
- Great attention to detail
- Organisational skills and ability to prioritise different tasks
- Project Management Experience
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
Expiry Date 11th February 2024
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers