WLR is hiring a full-time news journalist
WLR is recruiting a full-time, journalist to join the team at the Broadcast Centre in Waterford.
The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled, self-starter who is able to write, produce, record, edit & present stories under deadline pressure.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, edit and report local stories daily
- Prepare and present news and sports bulletins
- Attend local meetings and other news markings
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in radio journalism / other journalistic role
- Experience in developing contacts and producing news stories
- Good, clear reading voice
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines under pressure
- Effective news writing and storytelling ability.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Full driver’s licence
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Qualification in journalism or related field
- Good local knowledge of Waterford City and county
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Burli software (Training will be provided)
- Knowledge of editing software, such as Adobe Audition
To apply, please email a CV and a short demo (mp3) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday, Sept 16th, 2022