Fix Media is a fast growing media company aimed exclusively at UK tradespeople.
We operate a DAB radio station in London/Manchester called Fix Radio and run one of the largest trade focused social media pages on Facebook called Tradesmen Banter.
We provide relevant and authentic content to tradespeople. Given the targeted nature of the business we’ve been able to attract top brands looking to market to tradespeople including Screwfix, Churchill Insurance and Checkatrade.
- Our website, Fix Radio is a hub for all of our broadcast content, it currently carries news articles provided by third parties as well as a small number of original articles which we are looking to greatly expand.
- The audience includes anyone working in the construction trades as well as immediately adjacent industry roles. Examples include Builders, Plumbers, Electricians, Plasterers, Roofers and Carpenters.
- Initially the stories in question will cover news which affects the working life of people on building sites across the UK.
- This includes anything which affects members of our target audience directly as opposed to broader construction industry news.
- Examples of this might include articles on stock shortages, new products, tax changes or new schemes.
- We are open to discussing other areas of content which might be relevant to our audience.
- These articles should be written in clear English at an accessible level, clarity and accuracy are the most important factors.
- We’re looking for high quality work at a fast pace with the expectation of writing between 3-5 stories a day.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent English language skills
- Access to a computer and the internet.
- The ability to work under pressure and at pace
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous journalistic writing experience.
- A good grasp of the construction industry.
Start date: ASAP
- Initial hours are 15 hours a week, with scope to increase this depending on performance.
- We are happy to be flexible with when/where these are worked.
- Open to proposals
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Please send CV's and examples of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org