Assistant Producer – Planet Rock & Kerrang! Radio
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading commercial radio broadcaster, reaching 57 million listeners weekly across 8 countries with 150 Radio Brands. BM Audio owns leading brands including KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Magic, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
We’re a small team with big ambition at Planet Rock and Kerrang! Radio. We are all about multi-tasking, prioritising our busy day and communication is key, whether that be with our listeners, our advertisers, record labels and each other. We show respect and passion for everything we do.
The focus of your role
Your role will be to bring together all the above skills, along with serious music passion (you’ll know the different eras of Sabbath, your Dave Mustaine from your Dave Grohl and your Slipknot from your Sevenfold) and have knowledge of all things Planet Rock and Kerrang! Radio, to create compelling, engaging radio, building our audience, and making a positive contribution to ensure presenters are ready, bands are booked, and shows are all fit for transmission on time, every time.
What you’ll do
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of live and pre-recorded radio shows.
- Arrange and set up interviews for both stations.
- Direct and develop talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit.
- Excellent attention to detail in station admin.
What you’ll bring
You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of our team of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Good Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Demonstrate strong awareness of Classic Rock and other rock genres.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (GSel/Zetta (Zetta2Go)).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
If you have read and understood the Ofcom Code, are confident to contribute to our ongoing success, and are more than familiar with audio playout systems (GSel/Zetta) and audio editing software (Adobe Audition), we’ve got a seat with your name on.
What we’ll offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We have created a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send your CV and covering letter to https://careershub.bauermedia.co.uk/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=508 by Thurs, 26th August.