Assistant Producer – Planet Rock & Kerrang! Radio
We are looking for an Assistant Producer to join our Planet Rock and Kerrang! Team in London.
We’re a small team with big ambition at Planet Rock and Kerrang! Radio. We are all about multi-tasking, prioritising our busy day and communication is key, whether that be with our listeners, our advertisers, record labels and each other. We show respect and passion for everything we do.
Your role will be to bring together all the above skills, along with serious music passion (you’ll know the different eras of Sabbath, your Dave Mustaine from your Dave Grohl and your Slipknot from your Sevenfold) and have knowledge of all things Planet Rock and Kerrang! Radio, to create compelling, engaging radio, building our audience, and making a positive contribution to ensure presenters are ready, bands are booked, and shows are all fit for transmission on time, every time.
- Assist in the production of live and pre-recorded radio shows.
- Arrange and set up interviews for both stations.
- Direct and develop talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit.
- Excellent attention to detail in station admin.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have experience of keeping a calm head when things get hectic, be able to get the best out of our team of talented presenters, and also be able to react quickly to changing events at short notice.
- Passion, authenticity and creativity.
- Good editing and automation skills for production of programmes.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Good Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Demonstrate strong awareness of Classic Rock and other rock genres.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (GSel/Zetta (Zetta2Go)).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
If you have read and understood the Ofcom Code, are confident to contribute to our ongoing success, and are more than familiar with audio playout systems (GSel/Zetta) and audio editing software (Adobe Audition), we’ve got a seat with your name on.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers